I had an amazing time being a part of 15 beautiful and unique weddings. No two are ever alike. In no particular order I want to share some “little moments” that have stuck with me. They say a wedding day never goes as planned. But all the speed bumps create memories and moments that make your day unique, and I love sticking with my bride throughout the day, capturing her unique story, and watching my couples commit to forever!
( I won’t name names, but these couples will know who’s wedding I’m talking about :)) See my list below!
Photo Credit: @MG_professionalimg
1. Grabbing cider donuts between portraits and the reception, scarfing them down in 2 seconds flat with my assistant and a fun videographer.
2. Was it really 80+ degrees in New Hampshire in September? Yes, it was! The guests who waited outside for the last hayride will remind you and the bride who bottle fed her maid of honor will also attest this was true.
3. The weather report called for rain as soon as the ceremony was to end, right in time for photos. Instead, we were able to do a receiving line, family photos, bridal party, and the couple right before a massive downpour. So thankful!!!
4. The rowdiest groomsmen award goes to a group out at Harrington Farm this year, no doubt!
5. This groom could DANCE! I was loving the entrance from this amazing couple who didn’t let the rain ruin their perfect day!
6. Black flies biting and covering the grooms face and one getting stuck in a bridesmaids eye? No worries, there’s photoshop for that.
7. An elopement that was 10 years in the making, who ever said you can’t get married on a Thursday at noon?
8. 86 degrees and 100% humidity for an outdoor wedding in the bright sun – it seems like a good idea at the time. Thankfully the drinks were abounding, the caterers were amazing, and the bride and groom so in love and happy no matter what!
9. 28 weeks pregnant and you’d never have known. One bride rocked her gorgeous gown and looked like a million bucks all while their new little one was kicking around.
10. Again – the weather! This year we even had 70+ degrees at the end of October, in Maine! But more about this wedding…it felt like summer and looked like fall. The mother-son dance was one I’ll never forget.
11. When you look at the groom and realize the wedding is over in 15 minutes. Even you were having so much fun that the time flew and so I had to stay a few extra minutes to capture some golden hour shots.
12. We had exactly 7 minutes of daylight left after the ceremony and still managed bridal party and couple portraits that were flawless. The teary-eyed ceremony was worth it!
13. A perfectly planned beach wedding that included some bikini photo bombers!
14. Rain on your wedding day is good luck, right? For this couple nothing would rain on their parade, except a solid downpour just as the bride walked down the aisle of her outdoor ceremony.
15. Though they were the center of attention, their little man stole the show and the hearts of two photographers who kept snapping his pic all night!
I hope you enjoy a few fun behind the scenes moments below. As a wedding photographer many people say, “Wow, that must be a fun job!” I cannot deny that it is definitely very fun! There is never a shortage of smiles! I had the privlege to photograph alongside some amazing women this year who have given me a lot of joy and made me so thankful to be surrounded by amazing talent and personalities. Some of the photos below of me are credited to these great ladies!
Laura Wagner: @laurawagnerphotography
Jenny Lanctot: @jenniferlanctot
Rachelle Chase: @rachellechasephoto
Alyssa Parker: @alyssaparkerphoto
Sophia Lupoli and Haleigh Regan