Ask Allie: CAN WE BRING OUR DOG TO OUR ENGAGEMENT SESSION?
The most comment question I get from almost 75% of my brides and grooms:
CAN WE BRING OUR “FURR BABY” to OUR ENGAGEMENT SESSION?
The answer is a resounding: YES!!!
Dogs are welcome and I don’t mind if they lick me or, as it often happens, my camera! This little pup is a big part of your relationship, and such a fun way for you to interact.
Here are some tips for bringing your dog along for this fun photo session:
1. We have to be sure to choose a location that is “dog friendly,” so let me know in advance if you plan to bring him or her.
2. Please bring along a few treats so I can get their attention and they can be rewarded for looking at the camera, or behaving.
3. I highly recommend that you plan for someone to come along to wrangle your puppy. They can also bring the dog home after we’re done taking some fun photos with them – Then, you can have a date night!
4. Bring a long a lint roller or brush, dog hair CAN be edited out, but its easier to take care of in the moment.
5. Expect to play and “get down” while with your dog. Wear something, like jeans, for photos we take with your dog. (Don’t worry, engagement sessions are long enough for you to change into some else for a dressier look after pup pictures are finished).
6. Relax and be flexible. I find most dogs are like 1 year old children – very unpredictable. Don’t except them to “perform”, instead interacting and having fun is most important to create authentice images.
Here are some of my favorite couples with their dogs I’ve met throughout engagement season. Each dog and couple had so much personality. No matter where you envision your engagement session taking place, we can do our best to incorporate your pup. If you love going to the beach, lake, park, or city I will do my best to find a dog-friendly location that is perfect for your style.
Allie.Photo is a Boston area wedding photographer based in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. I serve areas from Cape Cod to the White Mountains of New Hampshire and everywhere in-between. Specializing in bright and joyful wedding photography for couples who love life as much as I do.